Craig School of Business
Assurance of Learning
Assurance of learning (AoL) has been an integral part of the AACSB accreditation process. AoL helps schools map the achievement of program-level learning goals across bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs.
Craig School of Business Assessment Tenets
- Mission-Focused: Learning goals and objectives are aligned with the CSB mission.
- Faculty-driven: The system is developed, implemented, reviewed and revised by faculty.
- Student Learning: The process emphasizes assurance of student learning.
- Curriculum Development: The process focuses upon degree programs as the level of analysis. The data from assessment measures is not meant, and will never be used, to evaluate individual teaching effectiveness or be required in annual faculty evaluation or promotion and tenure processes.
- Continuous Improvement: The continuous improvement process is ongoing with the perpetual goal of enhancing student learning and performance. The process is never complete – the loop is never truly closed.