Craig School of Business
About the Craig School of Business
The Craig School of Business has come a long way since 1928 when it was established as the Department of Commerce.Today, the Craig School is proud to be recognized for its excellence, taking pride in offering students a wide array of transformative educational and networking opportunities.
The Craig School of Business is the first CSU business school to receive a naming endowment, a $10 million pledge from Sid and Jenny Craig. Sid Craig, an alumnus of the business school, was a successful entrepreneur, even as a student. The entrepreneurial spirit still runs deep within the school. Endowments elevate the business program to new heights, with four endowed chairs, scholarships for incoming and continuing students, and financial support for faculty research.
- Quality Education. Faculty are doctorally qualified and experienced in business; many are nationally recognized for their research and business expertise. Our students receive many opportunities to enhance their educational experiences.
- Accreditation. We were the third public institution in California to be nationally accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, the elite accrediting agency for schools of business.This is the highest level of accreditation a school of business can achieve, with fewer than 5 % of business schools receiving this designation worldwide. All of our business programs are accredited.
- Cost effective. With semester registration fees under $3,500 for full time students who are California residents, the return on investment is remarkable. According to the US Bureau of the Census, on average university graduates, earn about $1 million more over their careers than high school graduates.Tuition fees for students in the California State University system compare favorably to other universities within California and surrounding states.
- Generous endowments to the Craig School support scholarships. One program, for incoming freshman who are selected as Craig Business Scholars, offers both financial support and the opportunity to serve as ambassadors for the Craig School. Other programs vary in criteria, but all are dedicated to the advancement of students and business education.
- The Craig Honors Program is designed to challenge our top students by providing an opportunity to create new knowledge about business by conducting original research under the guidance of faculty mentors.The research project culminates in an Honors Thesis and a formal presentation to the academic and business communities.
- The award-winning Craig School Internship Program provides students with multiple opportunities to obtain valuable work experience prior to graduation. Positions in both business and nonprofit organizations involve academic credit and applied learning experience and, usually, remuneration.
- Craig International allows business students to study abroad at CSU prices, without graduation delays. An active summer abroad program provides students an opportunity to achieve a short-term experience abroad at very reasonable prices.This provides an opportunity to enhance the global understanding that is so important in today's business environment. Even if students don't study abroad, they will become familiar with global business essentials through their course work and in association with the increasing number of international students attending the school.
- Participants in the Student Investment Fund manage over $6.5 million in real investment funds. Students enrolled in this special finance class, manage the funds for the school, and in so doing, gain practical investment experience.
- Nationally ranked for its Entrepreneurship program, the Craig School offers a course of study on how to start and manage a new business venture. Students not only learn in the classroom, but by doing. Developing plans for a new venture or working with an entrepreneurial firm are a key part of the regular curriculum.
- The Craig School is proud to offer one of the top Human Resource Management programs in the nation. Our HR teams have achieved national prominence by winning multiple times the SHRM state, regional, and even national competitions. Our SHRM student chapter has been awarded first in the nation by this prestigious organization.
- The Craig MBA is recognized as one of the best programs in California, offering both a traditional evening program and an Executive MBA program on weekends. With many innovative programs, the Craig MBA boasts exceptional students and exceptional faculty.
- The Craig School University Business Center is the school's primary outreach arm to the community, making multiple contributions to the regional economy by applying faculty innovation and expertise to solve business and economic problems.
Empowering future business leaders, the Craig School of Business, helps young professionals embark on successful careers, and provides opportunities for alumni to stay connected to their alma mater.
The Craig School of Business educates and inspires a diverse student body and supports sustainable, inclusive economic development in Central California and beyond.
To lead in transformative business education that elevates societal well-being.
I = Inclusive community
L = Leadership with integrity
E = Equity and justice
A = Applied experiences
D = Diversity of perspectives
University and Community
Fresno State is one of 23 campuses in a system that awards more than half of California's bachelor’s degrees and 30% of its master’s degrees.The University is one of the oldest and most prestigious campuses in the California State University system. More generally, the university is a stimulating center for intellectual and cultural activity. Students and faculty enjoy an exciting and diverse academic community offering challenging and innovative programs. Faculty at the 23,000 student campus are known for their commitment to teaching.
The 388 acre main campus features approximately 50 major buildings linked by tree lined sidewalks and has been officially designated as an arboretum.The campus features two student unions; an impressive library; indoor and outdoor theaters for drama and music; swimming facilities; and nationally renowned sports programs for football, basketball, baseball, softball, tennis, golf, and many others.The university is fully accredited and offers a full array of courses with majors from enology to theater arts, and science to business.
The University's home city, Fresno, is in the heart of California, and the richest agricultural region in the world.The city's central location makes it approximately a three hour drive to most major urban destinations, including Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, and the Central Coast. For those who long for natural beauty and outdoor activities, Fresno sits at the base of three national parks: Yosemite, Sequoia, and Kings Canyon. It's the only place in the nation with such easy access to national parks. Fresno is the fifth largest city in the state of California, behind Los Angeles, San Diego, San Jose, and San Francisco respectively. Fresno is unique as it offers residents both a metropolitan and a rural living environment. Some points of interest and landmarks for the city include the Chaffee Zoo, the Forestiere Underground Gardens, Shinzen Japanese Gardens, the Downing Planetarium and the historic Tower District.