Department of Information Systems and Decision Sciences
Eran Rubin, Ph. D
Dr. Eran Rubin is an Associate Professor of Information Systems in the Craig School of Business at California State University, Fresno. He earned his Ph. D in Management Information Systems from the University of British Columbia (UBC), and his BSc degree in Computer Science from the Technion Institute of Technology.
Dr. Rubin’s research focuses on economic impacts of analytics as well as enhanced design of Information Systems. Dr. Rubin’s research appeared in top journals including the Journal of Political Economy (JPE), Marketing Science, Electronic Markets, Information & Management, and Requirements Engineering, as well as top conference proceedings such as the International Conference of Information Systems (ICIS). His recent research was covered in the top scientific outlet - Nature News.
Dr. Rubin has a record of active scholarly and professional activity in IS organizations including the International Conference of Information Systems (ICIS, AE), HCII (program board member), and Production and Operations Management Society (POMS, session chair). Dr. Rubin also has much industry experience in the design and development of information systems, from work, entrepreneurship, and from serving as a consultant.
- Big Data and Analytics
- Behavioral Economics and Technology
- FinTech/Financial Impacts of Technology
- Technology and Market Efficiencies
- Enhanced IS design and Technology Trust
- Rubin A., Rubin E. (2021) “Systematic Bias in the Progress of Research”, Journal of Political Economy (JPE), 29(9), 2666-2719; (Also covered in Nature News)
- Rubin, E., and Beuk, F., (2021) “Emotions and Spillover Effects of Social Networks Affective Well Being”, Journal of Organizational and End-User Computing (JOEUC), 33(5), 1-24.
- Beuk, F., and Rubin E. (2021) “Data-Based Negotiator Allocation Management”, Business Horizons, 64(4), 537-552.
- Rubin, E., and Rubin, A. (2021) “On the Economic Effects of the Text Completion Interface: Analysis of Financial Markets”, Electronic Markets, 31, 717–735
- Mantin, B., and Rubin, E. (2018) “Price Volatility and Market Performance Measures: The Case of Revenue Managed Goods”, Transportation Research Part E, 120, Pages 35-50.
- Mantin, B., and Rubin, E. (2016) “Fare Prediction Websites and Transaction Prices: Empirical Evidence from the Airline Industry”, Marketing Science, 35(4), 640-655.
- Rubin, E., and Rubin, A. (2013) “The Impact of Business Intelligence Systems on Stock Return Volatility”, Information & Management, 50, 67-75.
- Rubin, E., and Mantin, B. (2012) “Tabulated Decision Aids and Airfare Pricing”, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications (ECRA), 11(2), 159-170.
- Rubin, E., and Rubin, A. (2011) “Supporting Agile Software Development through Active Documentation”, Requirements Engineering, 16(2), 117-132.
- Rubin, A., and Rubin, E. (2010) “Informed Investors and the Internet”, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting, 37(7/8), 841-865.