Fresno State Innovation & Entrepreneurship Summit
Presented by the ABE (Agriculture-Business-Engineering) Academy Thursday, April 27, 2023 • University Business Center
The aim of the Fresno State Innovation & Entrepreneurship Summit is to encourage and stimulate collaboration within the university community. This event intends to support the university's initiative to promote an entrepreneurial mindset among its students, faculty and staff and to facilitate the formation of innovative ideas by connecting people. The Summit is presented by the ABE (Agriculture, Business, Engineering) Academy, a cohort of faculty who are part of The President's Commission on the Role of Fresno State in Economic Development, Societal Impact, and Entrepreneurship. You can find more information on the full schedule and particulars by scrolling down.
Registration for the Summit is free of charge. However, we kindly request that you
complete the registration process to help us accurately estimate the amount of food
required for the event.
Register for the Summit
Ways to Participate
In addition to attending the summit, students and faculty have the opportunity to be featured at some of the sessions:
- Apply (alone or with a team) to be part of the Student Showcase and create a poster to share about your innovative or entrepreneurial activity. And
we’ll print your poster! Application deadline is Sunday, April 9, 11:59 p.m.
Apply to Student Showcase
- Apply to be part of the Student Entrepreneurship Pitch Competition.
The Student Entrepreneurship Pitch Competition consists of 10-minute pitches explaining a problem your business idea addresses and how it helps to solve it. The pitch should include a short description of your idea/business (including its uniqueness), the problem you are solving for the customers/society, your target market, competitors, business and revenue model and future potential. The competition is open to all students who are enrolled at Fresno State at this time.
To apply, register for the Student Showcase and click "yes" at the end of the form. Application deadline is Sunday, April 9, 11:59 p.m.
- Apply to be part of the Faculty Lightning Round. Application deadline is Sunday, April
9, 11:59 p.m.
This is a fast-paced, lightning round focused on innovation and entrepreneurship. Ten faculty will be selected to give a 5-minute presentation, with 2 minutes for questions, on a project/program/research that is innovative and/or entrepreneurial. The event is open to all disciplines at Fresno State as long as innovation and/or entrepreneurship can be demonstrated.
Apply for Faculty Lightning Round
- Encourage your students to apply for the Student Showcase and/or Pitch Competition. Share with your students this application link: https://forms.gle/jLnKWpZBszKeFZFM8. Application deadline is Sunday, April 9, 11:59 p.m.
9:30 a.m.–10 a.m. Networking Continental Breakfast
10 a.m.–11:15 a.m. Faculty Lightning Round (PB 191)
- 10 faculty will present their projects based on innovation and/or entrepreneurship
11:15 a.m.–11:30 a.m. Break & Networking
11:30 a.m.–12:15 p.m. High School Pitch Competition by Patino High School students (PB 191)
12:15 p.m.–12:45 p.m. Lunch & Networking
12:45 p.m.–1:30 p.m. Student Project & Campus/Community Resource Showcase (PB 194/Foyer)
- Student entrepreneurship/innovation projects on display
- Campus/Community Resource tables
1:30 p.m.–2:15 p.m. Local Stars in Entrepreneurship & Innovation (PB 191)
2:15 p.m.–2:30 p.m. Break & Networking
2:30 p.m.–3:30 p.m. Bulldog Entrepreneurship Pitch Competition (PB 191)
- Coordinated by the CEO Club and ABE Academy
- 5 students/student teams will present their entrepreneurial idea to a panel of judges that will include venture capitalists, angel investors and faculty
3:30 p.m.–4 p.m. Awards & Remarks by President Jiménez-Sandoval (PB 191)
4 p.m.–5 p.m. Reception with Victor E. Bulldog IV